Free Online Educational Resources. Also try our ready-made searches on perinatal data topics.
Covering all aspects of medical sciences
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- CAMBASE (Complementary & Alternative Medicine) in English and in German
- The Cochrane Library (freely searchable in several countries)
- Current Nursing open access nursing research & education resources
- Essential Health Links - educational resources particularly useful in the two-thirds world
- HELP - Health Education Library for People and Help for Health
- Health on the Net
- NHS Choices consumer health resources
- NHS Evidence (no login is required for general searching; some specific resources are only available to NHS staff with NHS England Athens login)
- PRODIGY Knowledge
- TRIP Database
- Curricula Organizer for Reproductive Health Education (CORE) free peer-reviewed, evidence-based teaching materials
- The Fistula Care Project produces excellent training materials.
- Maternova - website with tools, blogs and resources for perinatal healthcare. Register and contribute.
- Portal of the Administrative Data Liaison Service (P-ADLS). According to the P-ADLS website,
P-ADLS is an online archive of models, methods and codes developed by researchers to construct indicators and measures using administrative data for research. The aim of P-ADLS is to improve the consistency, quality and quantity of administrative data research by allowing researchers to view, replicate and develop existing methods.
Resources may be submitted for inclusion in P-ADLS here
- Reproline Plus - includes trainer & educator resources and learning opportunities.
- Sharinginhealth.ca Maternal & Newborn Health
- Solution Exchange maternal & child health community. This is an initiative of the United Nations Country Team in India. Registration required.
- TRP: Training Resource Package for Family Planning - evidence-based support materials for trainers, particularly suitable for the two-thirds world.
- WHO: World Health Organization Countdown to 2015 Maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health
- UNFPA State of the World's Midwifery report and resources
Free online books & journals
this list will need reorganising in due course HJPerry 14:31, 4 April 2012 (BST)
- Hesperian Health Guides - books & resources particularly suitable for the two-thirds world
- Basic Support for Institutionalizing Child Survival (BASICS) and the Prevention of Postpartum Hemorrhage Initiative (POPPHI). Integrated Maternal and Newborn Care Basics Skills Course: Reference Manual. Arlington, Va., USA: for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), 2009.
- Porter M (ed) Obstetric Anaesthetists Handbook 6th ed. University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire NHS Trust, 2009.
- B-Lynch C, Keith LG, Lalonde A, Karoshi M (eds) A Textbook of Postpartum Hemorrhage. A comprehensive guide to evaluation, management and surgical intervention Sapiens, 2006. ISBN 0955228212 | ISBN 9780955228216
- Theron GB (ed) Maternal Care Manual 2006. International Association for Maternal and Neonatal Health (IAMANEH), 2006. ISBN 0799213624
- MAMaZ (Mobilising Access to Maternal Health Services in Zambia Programme) Community Discussion Guide for Maternal and Newborn Health Care: a training manual for safe motherhood action groups. MAMaZ, 2012.
- MERCK Manual for Health Care Professionals Gynecology & Obstetrics
- Open Library Obstetrics
- Health Library for Disasters Essential Elements of Obstetric Care at First Referral Level (WHO; 1991; 80 pages)
- Fistula Care. Counseling the obstetric fistula client: A training curriculum. New York: EngenderHealth, 2012
- Global Health Media Project Newborn Care Videos designed for use in the two-thirds world. Also downloadable for laptops, tablets and mobile phones. Creative Commons licence.
- Medical Aid Films - UK-based charity producing educational films on various maternal & child health topics for front-line health workers in the two-thirds world.
- BabyCenter and Mobile Alliance for Maternal Action (MAMA) adaptable health messages formatted for delivery through mobile phones.
- GSMA mHealth Tracker - collates mHealth services and products worldwide.
- K4Health mHealth Toolkit
- Mother & Child Health Education Trust http://www.healthphone.org/
- mHealth Evidence - many useful resources for mHealth
- HELP - Health Educaltion Library for People Free Medical Translator (demo) - work in progress: the aim is to create a universal platform.
- Termium Plus terminological and linguistic data bank from the Government of Canada. English & French, plus some Portuguese and Spanish.
Guidelines, Policies & Statements
see our Guidelines page
- MBRRACE-UK (Mothers and Babies - Reducing Risk through Audits and Confidential Enquiries across the UK)
- PPIP: Perinatal Problem Identification Program v2 Free software to aid data processing for perinatal and maternal death audit. Free to download, registration/licence required for use.
- NHS Embedding Informatics in Clinical Education (eICE) free online learning
- Royal College of Physicians Health Informatics Unit e-learning modules on record keeping
- NHS Classifications Service Coding Clinic